Water and Customer Service

How to Start or Stop Service

Customers with Existing Meters

Please contact the District's office at (760) 735-4502 for information on how to have service to your existing water meter turned on or off, or to transfer a meter account into your name.

New Service Applications

For an application to be accepted and processed, the documents listed below must be provided. Once the application has been accepted by the District, it will be added to the meter installation schedule and installed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Normal installation time is approximately six to eight weeks.

  1. Property owner shall provide proof of ownership by a recorded grant deed or title report when a service is being resized or relocated, documents are to be recorded (OMRA, NHP, NLP, etc.) and/or proof of a private utility easement is required.
  2. Applicant shall provide a copy of the recorded parcel map, when applicable.
  3. Applicant shall provide evidence of a private utility easement if property does not adjoin the District’s right of way or an encroachment permit, if applicable.
  4. Applicant must pay all costs related to water and sewer service connection upon completion of application.
  5. All documents to be recorded which are a requirement of service must be signed, notarized and received by District prior to processing application.

Further guidance, information, and questions may be directed to Engineering Services by calling the District’s office at (760) 735-4501.

Water District Locator

To verify that your address is within Valley Center MWD, please use the locator tool below (provided by San Diego County Water Authority):

How To Locate Your Water Meter Number

Meter Read Calendar

Rates, Charges, and Capacity Fees

Reporting a Problem

Tel: (760) 735-4500
24 hours a day

Call the District 24 hours a day. After hours and on weekends our answering service will take your number and have our duty crew call you back.