VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center RoadValley Center, CA 92082Regular Board of Directors’ MeetingAGENDAMonday, June 4, 20122:00 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held May 21, 20122. Audit demands3. Board of Directors request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses and report of expense reimbursements per Government Code4. Resolution No. 2012-09 setting the District’s 2012-13 appropriations limit for proceeds from taxes per Article XIIIB of the State Constitution
5. Proposed Fiscal Year 2012-13 Operating and Capital Budget and Implementing Ordinances:
The District’s proposed Fiscal Year 2012-13 operating and capital budget will be presented for review and adoption. If adopted, ordinances to amend the Administrative Code to reflect the changes in staffing levels and to incorporate amendments per the Memorandum of Understanding with Employees will be presented for adoption. a. Report by Director of Finance b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2012-11 adopting the FY 2012-13 budget, and Ordinance Nos. 2012-05 and 2012-06 approving the Administrative Code amendments per the adopted budget and MOU with Employees
6. Nomination of LAFCO Commission Member and LAFCO Special Districts Advisory Committee Member:
The Board will consider submitting a nomination for Local Agency Formation Commission regular member and Special Districts Advisory Committee member.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, make nominations for LAFCO member and Special Districts Advisory Committee member
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
7. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting of May 24th will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Informational item only, no action required
8. Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
9. Closed Sessions will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.8 – Conference with Real Property Negotiators
Property: 9537 Sage Hill Way, Escondido, CA Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager Negotiating Party: SpectraSite LLC Under Negotiation: Terms of Lease
• Government Code §54957 – Public Employee Performance Evaluation: General Manager
• Government Code §54957.6 – Conference with Labor Negotiators, Agency Designated Representatives: Board of Directors Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 735-4517 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.