VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center RoadValley Center, CA 92082Regular Board of Directors’ MeetingAGENDAMonday, June 18, 20122:00 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held June 4, 20122. Audit demands and wire disbursements3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for period ended April 30, 2012 PUBLIC HEARING
4. Public Hearing on Proposed Water Availability Charge for Fiscal Year 2012-13:
A public hearing on the District’s proposed water availability charge for Fiscal Year 2012-13 will be conducted. Upon conclusion of the public comments and discussion, adoption of said charge will be considered. a. Open public hearing b. Report by Director of Finance c. Discussion d. Audience comments/questions e. Close public hearing f. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2012-07
5. Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of the Woods Valley Annual Sewer Service Charge:
A public hearing will be conducted to receive input and consider adoption of the Woods Valley Sewer Service Charge for FY 2012-13 to finance the operation, maintenance and replacement of the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility.
a. Open public hearing b. Report by Director of Finance c. Discussion d. Audience comments/questions e. Close public hearing f. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2012-13
6. Resolution Setting the Woods Valley Annual Sewer Standby Fee for FY 2012-13:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2012-14 will be considered to set the Woods Valley Annual Sewer Standby Fee for Fiscal Year 2012-13.
a. Report by Director of Financeb. Discussionc. Audience comments/questionsd. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2012-14
7. Resolution Setting the FY 2012-13 Fixed Charge Special Assessments for Assessment District No. 96-1 and Unpaid Charges for Water and Other Services:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2012-15 will be requested to authorize the FY 2012-13 fixed charge special assessments for Assessment District 96-1 and unpaid charges for water and other services.
a. Report by Director of Financeb. Discussionc. Audience comments/questionsd. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2012-15
8. Resolution to Adopt Negative Declaration and File Notice of Determination for the Tyler Pump Station and Country Club Reservoir Solar Projects:
Adoption of a Negative Declaration and Filing of the Notice of Determination for the Tyler Pump Station and Country Club Reservoir Solar Projects will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineerb. Discussionc. Audience comments/questionsd. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution Nos. 2012-16 & 2012-17
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
9. Resolution of Compliance with SDCWA’s Agricultural Pricing Program Ordinance:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2012-18, documenting the methodology by which the District will impose IAWP and TSAWR service limitations on participating agricultural customers to achieve compliance with the San Diego County Water Authority’s Agricultural Pricing Program Ordinance No. 2011-05, will be requested.
a. Report by General Managerb. Discussionc. Audience comments/questionsd. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2012-18
10. Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
11. Closed Sessions will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54957 – Public Employee Performance Evaluation: General Manager
• Government Code §54957.6 – Conference with Labor Negotiators, Agency Designated Representatives: Board of Directors Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
12. Approval of Amended Employment Agreement Between Valley Center Municipal Water District and Gary T. Arant Approval of an Amended Employment Agreement between VCMWD and the General Manager will be requested. a. Report by General Manager/ Board of Directors b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny employee agreement
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 735-4517 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.