VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center RoadValley Center, CA 92082Regular Board of Directors’ MeetingAGENDAMonday, November 21, 20112:00 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held October 17, 20112. Audit demands and wire disbursements3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for period ended September 30, 20114. Board of Directors request for per diem compensation and report of expense reimbursements per Government Code5. Report of capital improvement and developer projects completed in FY 2010-11
6. SDCWA vs. MWDSC; Status of Ongoing Rate Litigation:
A status report on the ongoing rate litigation between the San Diego County Water Authority and the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California will be presented by Mr. Dennis Cushman, SDCWA Assistant General Manager.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Information item only, no action required.
7. Ordinance Approving Increases in Water Charges and Rates and Wastewater Service Charges:
The adoption of Ordinance No. 2011-10 to approve increases in water charges and rates and wastewater service charges and amend the District’s Administrative Code to incorporate said changes will be considered.
a. Report by Director of Finance b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2011-10
8. Ordinance to Increase Charges for Temporary Water Service and Construction Water Permit Charges:
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2011-11 to increase the charges for a construction meter, service jumper and construction water permit will be considered.
a. Report by Director of Finance b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2011-11
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
9. Extension of Water Service Agreement – San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2011-33 approving an extension of the Water Service Agreement with the San Pasqual Band of Diegueno Mission Indians to September 30, 2012 will be requested. a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2011-33
10. Functional Consolidation Project Status Report:
An update on the status of the Functional Consolidation project and a recommendation for the initial implementation action items will be presented.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny implementation action items
11. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting of October 27th will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Information item only, no action required
12. Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Informational item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
13. Request for Concurring Nomination of Steve Ruettgers for ACWA HBA Board of Directors:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2011-34, concurring in the nomination of Steve Ruettgers, Director of the Kern County Water Agency to fill the open position on the ACWA Health Benefits Authority Board of Directors will be requested.
a. Report by Director Aleshire b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2011-34
14. Closed sessions will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation Name of Case: SDG&E Application 11-10-002 At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 735-4517 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.