VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center RoadValley Center, CA 92082Regular Board of Directors’ MeetingAGENDAMonday, March 21, 20112:00 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held March 7, 20112. Audit demands 3. Board of Directors’ request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses and report of expense reimbursements per Government Code4. Resolution Nos. 2011-11 and 2011-12 concurring in the nominations of W.D. “Bill” Knutson, Yuima Municipal Water District, and David T. Hodgin, Scotts Valley Water District, to the ACWA/JPIA Executive Committee
5. Actuarial Valuation for Retiree’s Health Benefits Plan:
A report on the actuarial valuation of the Retiree’s Health Benefits Plan will be presented by Marilyn Jones of the Epler Company. a. Report by Director of Finance b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Informational item only, no action required6. Authorization to Enter into Joint Agreements with the County of San Diego and Owner of the Orchard Run Project:
Resolution 2011-10 authorizing the District to enter into a Joint Agreement to Improve Major Subdivision and a Joint Lien Contract, and approving a Holding Agreement for the Orchard Run Unit 2 project will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2011-10
7. Authorization to Participate in the California Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (CalWARN):
Resolution 2011-09 authorizing participation in the California Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (CalWARN) 2007 Omnibus Mutual Assistance Agreement will be requested. a. Report by Director of Operations b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2011-09
8. Annual Review of Board of Directors’ Per Diem Compensation
Board direction regarding initiating the process to adjust the Board of Directors’ per diem will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
9. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
10. Closed sessions will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(c), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 1
• Government Code §54957, Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release
• Government Code §54957.6, Conference with Labor Negotiators
Agency Designated Representation: Gary Arant Employee Organization: Valley Center Employees Association
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 735-4517 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.