VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center RoadValley Center, CA 92082Regular Board of Directors’ MeetingAGENDAMonday, June 20, 20112:00 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held June 6, 20112. Audit demands and wire disbursements3. Board of Directors request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses and report of expense reimbursements per Government Code
4. Public Hearing on the Proposed Urban Water Management Plan Update:
A public hearing on the proposed Urban Water Management Plan Update will be conducted. Upon conclusion of the public comments and discussion, approval of Resolution No. 2011-25 adopting the updated Urban Water Management Plan will be considered.
a. Open Public Hearing, Report by District Engineer b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Close public hearing e. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2011-25.
5. Report on Federal Advocacy Efforts by Howells Government Relations:
A report on recent activities to secure federal funding and legislative assistance for local resource development and infrastructure replacement programs will be presented. a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Information item only, no action required.
6. Request to Purchase Replacement Centrifuge for the Lower Moosa Canyon Water Reclamation Facility:
Approval of purchase order for replacement centrifuge at the Lower Moosa Canyon Water Reclamation Facility will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2011-26
7. Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility Phase 1 Project Update and Consultant Agreement with Separation Processes, Inc.
An update on the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility Phase 1 Project will be presented along with a request to enter into a consulting agreement with Separation Processes, Inc. a. Report by District Engineer b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2011-28
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
8. ACWA Health Benefits Authority Election:
A report and recommendation on candidates for the ACWA Health Benefits Authority Board election will be discussed.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny ballot recommendation
9. Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
10. Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54957(b)(1) – Public Employee Performance Evaluation: General Manager, and
• Government Code §54957.6 – Conference with Labor Negotiator, Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
11. Approval of Amended Employment Agreement Between Valley Center Municipal Water District and Gary T. Arant Effective July 1, 2011
Approval of an Amended Employment Agreement between VCMWD and the General Manager will be requested.
a. Report by Board President b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny employee agreement
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 735-4517 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.