VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center RoadValley Center, CA 92082Regular Board of Directors’ MeetingAGENDAMonday, August 15, 20112:00 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held July 18, 20112. Audit demands and wire disbursements3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for period ended June 30, 20114. Board of Directors request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses and report of expense reimbursements per Government Code5. Report of Professional and Consulting Agreements and Contracts, Fiscal Year 2010-11
6. Public Hearing to Consider Increases in Meter Connection and Backflow Device Fees:
A public hearing will be held to consider proposed increases in the meter connection and backflow device fees.
a. Report by Director of Operations b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2011-08
7. Public Hearing to Review Election Division Boundary Reapportionment Proposals:
Public review and comment on the proposed redistricting of the District’s election division boundaries will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, provide input on proposals and direction on scheduling a second public hearing.
8. Development of Floating Solar Reservoir Cover System – Approval to Enter Memorandum of Understanding:
Approval to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for possible development and deployment of photovoltaic power generating systems integrated into water reservoir floating covers will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2011-31
9. South Village Wastewater Expansion Project Status Report:
An update on the South Village Wastewater Expansion Project and the status of the State Revolving Fund Loan application will be presented.
a. Report by District Engineer b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Information item, no action required
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
10. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting of July 28th will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Information item only, no action required
11. Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
12. FCC Notice of Inquiry on Communication Site Lease/License Agreements:
The potential impact of the FCC’s notice of inquiry on the District’s communication site leases and license agreements will be discussed.
a. Report by General Counsel b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, direction to file letter of comment and monitor proceedings
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
13. Review of ACWA Region 10 Election Candidates for Officers and Board Members:
Board input on casting of the ballot for ACWA Region 10 Officers and Board Members for the 2012-2013 term will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
14. Closed sessions will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.8 – Real Property Transaction, Conference with Negotiator
Property: 9539 Sage Hill Way, Escondido, CA Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager Negotiating Party: Crown Castle International Corporation Under Negotiation: Price and Terms of Lease
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 735-4517 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.