VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center RoadValley Center, Calif. 92082Regular Board of Directors’ MeetingAGENDAAugust 2, 20102:00 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held July 19, 20102. Audit demands 3. Treasurer’s Report for the period ended June 30, 2010
4. Report on Operational Efficiency Improvements at the Lower Moosa Canyon and Woods Valley Ranch Wastewater Treatment Plants:
A presentation on the operational improvements installed at the Lower Moosa Canyon and the Woods Valley Ranch Wastewater Treatment Plants will be provided.
a. Report by Director of Operations b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Information item only, no official action required
5. Proposal to Allow Special Agricultural Water Rate Participants to Carry Forward Conservation Credits Into FY 2010-2011 Program:
The proposal to allow participants in the Water Authority’s Special Agricultural Water Rate program to carry forward into FY 2010-2011 conservation credits accumulated in FY 2009-2010 will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
6. Review of Water Demand Offset Fee Concept:
The Water Demand Offset Fee concept will be reviewed and Board input on the proposed policy concept and implementation procedures requested.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. If desired, direction on implementation process
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
7. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of July 22nd will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager b. Discussion c. Audience comments/questions d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
8. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(c), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 1
● Government Code §54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel, Existing Litigation Name of case: Valley Center Municipal Water District V. Sensus Metering Systems, North America, Inc. San Diego County Superior Court Case No. 37-2010-00051403-CU-BC-NC
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.