VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Valley Center , Calif. 92082Regular Board of Directors’ MeetingAGENDAApril 5, 20102:00 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held March 15, 2010
2. Audit demands
3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended February 28, 2010
4. Resolution No. 2010-16 amending and adopting the 2010 Revisions of the District’s “Local Guidelines for Implementing the California Environmental Quality Act”
5. Approval of Purchase Order No. 18117 to Bay City Electric Works for the purchase of one 125 kw diesel generator and one 250 kw diesel generator
6. Update on the State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan Application for the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility Expansion Project and Request for Adoption of Reimbursement Resolution:
An update on the SRF loan application for the Woods Valley Ranch expansion project will be provided and adoption of a resolution declaring the District’s intent to reimburse project costs from the SRF loan proceeds will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2010-17
7. Status Report on the Carlsbad-Poseidon Seawater Desal. Project and Review of the Proposed Amendments to the Water Purchase Agreements:
An update on the Carlsbad-Poseidon Desal. Project will be provided and proposed amendments to the Water Purchase Agreements reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no official action required
8. West No. 1 Reservoir Interior and Exterior, Request for Approval of Change Order Nos. 1 and 2:
Approval of Change Order Nos. 1 and 2 for the West No. 1 Reservoir interior and exterior recoating project will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Operations
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
9. Resolution to Reschedule the Date of the Public Hearing to Consider the Levy of a District-wide Water Availability Charge for FY 2010-11 and the Woods Valley Sewer Service Charge:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2010-18 will be requested to change the date of the public hearing to June 21, 2010, at 2:00 p.m. to consider the levy of the District-wide water availability charge and the Woods Valley Sewer Service Charge,
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2010-18
10. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of March 25th will be provided.
d. Information item only, no action required
Information item only, no action required
11. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
● Government Code §54956.9(b), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 1
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.