VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
Adjourned Regular Board Meeting
Monday, July 6, 2009
Time: 8:30 A.M.
Place: Board Room
29300 Valley Center Road
Valley Center, CA 92082
The Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors’ meeting was called to order by President Broomell at 8:40 A.M.
Board members present were: Directors Broomell, Polito, Aleshire and Haskell. Director Stone was absent. Staff members present were: General Manager Arant, Director of Operations Hoyle, District Engineer Grabbe and Board Secretary Stetson.
1. A tour of District facilities focusing on newly completed improvements and upgrades commenced at 8:45 a.m. Sites visited were:
• Lower Moosa Canyon Water Reclamation Facility. Plant provides wastewater collection, treatment and disposal services for communities along the I-15 corridor and is currently processing an average of 0.35 million gallons per day. Improvements viewed at the reclamation facility included modifications to the aeration basin, improved instrumentation and modifications to the digester.
• Lake Turner/Betsworth Pump Station Solar System. The 1.1 megawatt solar power system on the District’s Lake Turner property was viewed. This solar system was constructed and is maintained by Worldwater and Solar Technologies, and through a Power Purchase Agreement the District receives 2.1 million kWh per year of electricity to offset electricity requirements at the Betsworth Pump Station at a reduced cost.
• Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility. This 70,000 gpd treatment facility serves the 270 homes and golf course of the Woods Valley Ranch development. At the reclamation facility, the Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) system, effluent pumps and its operations building were reviewed.
• District Corporate Facility Yard. The tour concluded at the District’s corporate facility with a review of the Operations Center, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and the recycling car wash station.
2. The Board meeting was adjourned at 1:45 p.m.