VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
October 19, 2009
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held September 21, 2009
2. Earle waterline extension for concept approval (TPM 20999)
3. Audit demands and wire disbursements
4. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended August 31, 2009
5. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses and report of expense reimbursements per Government Code
6. Quarterly report of expense reimbursements per Government Code §53065.5
7. Public Hearing to Consider Adopting Revisions to the Water Supply Shortage Response Program:
A public hearing will be held to consider proposed changes to the District’s Water Supply Shortage Response Program pertaining to water conservation practices and conservation measures.
a. Open Public Hearing, Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments or questions
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2009-11
8. Resolution Authorizing Submittal of a Clean Water State Revolving Fund Loan Financial Assistance Application for the Expansion of the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility:
Board adoption of a resolution authorizing submittal of a Financial Assistance Application for the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility expansion project will be considered.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-41
9. Resolution Authorizing Securitization of the District’s Proposition 1A Property Tax Receivables:
Adoption of a resolution authorizing a purchase and sale agreement to sell the District’s Proposition 1A property tax receivables from the State to a Joint Powers Authority will be considered.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-40
10. Revisions to the Administrative Code to Adjust the Salary Range of the Manager of Information Technology Position and Designate the Deputy Director, Field Department will be Considered:
Modifications to the Administrative Code Section 8.9(c), Classification and Compensation Plan, to adjust the salary range of the Manager of Information Technology position and formally designate the Deputy Director, Field Department, will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2009-12
11. Request to Amend the Budget to Transfer Funds to Complete the Interior and Exterior Recoating of West No. 1 Reservoir:
Approval to transfer funds from the Portable Power and Transfer Switching capital account to Reservoir Recoating capital account will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Operations
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
12. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of September 24th will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no action required
13. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.