VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
May 4, 2009
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held April 20, 2009
2. Audit demands
3. Marquart Ranch Water Line Extension (TM 5410) Request for Concept Approval
4. Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of Level 2, Water Supply Shortage Alert Condition, Pursuant to the District’s Water Supply Shortage Response Program and Adoption of Proposed Policy Implementation Plans:
A public hearing will be held to consider Declaration of a Level 2 of the District’s Water Supply Shortage Response Program and adoption of Policy Implementation Plans for New Meter Accounts, Voluntary 8% Conservation for Full Price Accounts, and Mandatory 13% Conservation for SAWR Accounts will be requested.
a. Open public hearing, Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-17 and the proposed implementation plans.
5. Public Hearing to Receive Input and Consider Increases in the District’s Water Meter Capacity Charges:
A public hearing on proposed increases to the District’s Water Meter Capacity Charges will be held.
a. Open Public Hearing, Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments or questions
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2009-01
6. Public Hearing to Receive Input and Consider Adoption of the Proposed Lower Moosa Canyon Wastewater Capacity Charge:
A public hearing to consider increasing the Lower Moosa Canyon Water Reclamation Facility Wastewater Capacity Charge will be held.
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2009-02
7. Overview of the Proposed Operations & Maintenance and Capital Budget for Fiscal Year 2009-10:
An overview of the proposed Fiscal Year 2009-10 budget will be provided.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. Information item only, no action required
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
8. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of April 23rd will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager
9. 9/80 Workweek Assessment and Recommendation for Extension:
A report on staff’s assessment of the trial 9/80 workweek will be reviewed.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny extension of 9/80 workweek
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
10. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(b)&(c), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 4
• Government Code §54957(b)(1) – Public Employee Performance Evaluation: General Manager
11. Meeting shall be adjourned to Tuesday, May 26, 2009, at 2:00 p.m.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.