VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Adjourned Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held May 4, 2009
2. Resolution No. 2009-26 adopting the 2009 revisions to the Local Guidelines for Implementing the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
3. Audit demands and wire disbursements
4. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statement for the period ended March 31, 2009
5. Presentation of Retirees’ Health Benefits Plan Actuarial Valuation:
The actuarial report for the Retirees’ Health Benefits Plan will be presented.
a. Report by Director of Finance/Presentation by Marilyn Jones, The Epler Company
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no action required
6. Request for Approval to Prefund Retirees’ Health Benefits Plan Costs Through the CalPERS California Employers’ Retiree Benefit Trust (CERBT) and to Amend the Budget:
Resolution Nos. 2009-21, 2009-22 and 2009-23 to approve prefunding the retirees’ health benefits plan costs through the CalPERS CERBT and an amendment to the budget will be presented for Board consideration.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution Nos. 2009-21, 2009-22 and
7. Review of Budget Policies and Proposed Amendments to the Operating Reserve and Establishing a Benefit Plan Liability Reserve:
The District’s budget policies will be reviewed and proposed amendments considered.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2009-03
8. Review of Proposed Changes to Water and Wastewater Rates:
Proposed changes to the water and wastewater rates to be effective September 1, 2009, will be reviewed, and approval to proceed with notification requirements will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
9. Review of Proposed Amendments to Article 230, Water Supply Shortage Response Program:
Proposed amendments to the Water Supply Shortage Response Program, Article 230 of the District’s Administrative Code, will be presented for review and input.
a. Report by General Manager
10. Status Report on the District’s Automated Meter Reading (AMR) Project and Request for a Budget Adjustment:
An update on the AMR installation project will be provided and approval to transfer $100,000 in the FY 2008-09 budget to complete the project will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Operations
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
11. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
12. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(b)&(c), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 4
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.