VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
June 15, 2009
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meetings held May 26 and June 1, 2009
2. Audit demands and wire disbursements
3. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses and report of expense reimbursements per Government Code
4. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended April 30, 2009
5. Public Hearing to Consider Adopting Revisions to the Water Supply Shortage Response Program:
A public hearing will be held to consider proposed changes to the District’s Water Supply Shortage Response Program.
a. Open Public Hearing, Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments or questions
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2009-04
6. Resolution Reaffirming Declaration of a Level 2 Water Shortage Emergency Response Condition and Implementation Guidelines:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2009-17 to reaffirm the Board action declaring Level 2 of the Water Supply Shortage Response Program and implementation guidelines will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-17
7. Proposed Fiscal Year 2009-10 Operating and Capital Budget and Implementing Ordinances:
The District’s proposed Fiscal Year 2009-10 operating and capital budget will be presented for review and adoption. If adopted, ordinances to amend the Administrative Code to reflect the changes in staffing levels as adopted in the FY 2009-10 budget and to incorporate amendments per the Memorandum of Understanding with employees will be presented for adoption.
a. Report by General Manager/Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-25 adopting the
FY 2009-10 budget and Ordinance Nos. 2009-05 and 2009-06 approving the
Administrative Code amendments per the adopted budget and MOU with Employees
8. Request for Approval of Agreement for Professional Services with AECOM for the Water Reclamation Facility Feasibility Study:
Approval of the consultant agreement with AECOM for the Welk Water Reclamation Facility feasibility study will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-31
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
9. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of May 28th will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no action required
10. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
11. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
● Government Code §54956.8 – Real Property Transaction, Conference
Property: 9539 Sage Hill Way, Escondido, CA
Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager
Negotiating Party: Crown Castle International Corporation
Under Negotiation: Terms of Lease
Property: Fawn Creek Lane, Escondido
Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager and
Wally Grabbe, District Engineer
Negotiating Party: Jane Wiggans, Wiggans Group, Inc.
Under Negotiation: Price
● Government Code §54957(b)(1) – Public Employee Performance Evaluation: General Manager, and
● Government Code §54957.6 – Conference with Labor Negotiator,
Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.