VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
June 1, 2009
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Concept approval of the Beck Subdivision Project (TM 5060)
2. Resolution No. 2009-24 setting the District’s 2009-10 appropriation limit for proceeds from taxes per Article XIIB of the State Constitution
3. Audit demands
4. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
5. Fourth Grade Water Awareness Poster Contest – Presentation of Awards:
Top winners in the District’s Fourth Grade Water Awareness Poster Contest will be recognized and presented with awards.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no action required
6. Public Hearing on the Proposed Water Availability Charge for Fiscal Year 2009-10:
A public hearing on the District’s proposed water availability charge for Fiscal Year 2009-10 will be conducted. Upon conclusion of the public comments and discussion, adoption of said charge will be considered.
a. Open Public Hearing, Report by Director of Finance
c. Audience comments or questions
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2009-07
7. Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of the Woods Valley Annual Sewer Service Charge:
A public hearing will be conducted to receive input and consider adoption of the Woods Valley Sewer Service Charge for 2009-10 for financing the operation, maintenance and replacement of the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility.
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-27
8. Resolution Setting the Woods Valley Annual Sewer Standby Fee for 2009-10:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2009-28 will be considered to set the Woods Valley annual Sewer Standby Fee for FY 2009-10.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-28
9. Resolution Setting 2009-10 Fixed Charge Special Assessments for Assessment District No. 96-01 and Unpaid Charges for Water and Other Services:
Board adoption of Resolution No. 2009-29 will be requested to authorize the 2009-10 fixed charge special assessments for Assessment District No. 96-1 and unpaid charges for water and other services.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-29
10. Approval of Change Order Pursuant to the Valley Center Road Pipeline Replacement Project and Adoption of Budget Amendment to Transfer Funds will be Requested:
Approval of a change order for the Valley Center Road Pipeline Replacement Project and adoption of Resolution No. 2009-30 to approve a budget amendment for said Project will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-30
11. Proposed Fiscal Year 2009-10 Operating and Capital Budget:
The District’s proposed Fiscal Year 2009-10 operating and capital budget will be presented for review.
a. Report by General Manager/Director of Finance
d. Information item only, no official action required
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
12. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of May 28th will be provided.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
13. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(b)&(c), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 4
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.