VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
July 6, 2009
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held and June 15, 2009
2. Grant of Easement to San Diego Gas & Electric over a portion of the District’s Betsworth Pump Station for electrical power lines
3. Notice of Completion filed for Paradise No. 2 Reservoir repainting (exterior and interior) and roof replacement project
4. Amended “Employment Agreement Between the District and Gary T. Arant,” General Manager
5. Approval of Purchase Order No. 17833 to Electrical Sales, Inc. in the amount of $82,015.99 for the purchase of an electrical panel for the Jesmond Dene Pump Station
6. Audit demands and wire disbursements
7. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses and report of expense reimbursements per Government Code
8. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended May 31, 2009
9. Resolution Approving the Third Amendment to the Water Purchase Agreement with Poseidon Resources:
Resolution No. 2009-33 to approve the third amendment to the Water Purchase Agreement with Poseidon Resources to extend performance time frames for completion of contract requirements will be presented for adoption.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-33
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
10. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of June 25th will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
11. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
● Government Code §54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel, Existing
Name of case: Armenta v. James Jones Co., et al.
Name of case: Harbor Bay, Inc. v. Valley Center Municipal Water District
Name of case: Valley Center Municipal Water District, et al. v. San Diego
Gas & Electric
● Government Code §54956.9(b), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated
Number of potential cases: 4
● Government Code §54957(b)(1) – Public Employee Performance Evaluation: General Manager, and
● Government Code §54957.6 – Conference with Labor Negotiator,
Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.