VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held February 2, 2009
2. Audit demands and wire disbursements
3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended December 31, 2008
4. Budget Adjustment to Allocate Funds for the Proposed Welk Skimming Plant:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2009-05 will be requested to appropriate matching funds for the proposed Welk Skimming Plan study project which received grant funding as part of the San Diego County Water Authority’s Local Investigations and Studies Assistance (LISA) grant funding program.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-05
5. Resolution Approving Budget Adjustment to Allocate Funds for SCADA Radio Network Upgrades and Purchase of a Bucket Truck:
Approval of a budget adjustment to allocate funds for SCADA radio network upgrades and the purchase of a bucket truck will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-08
6. Review of Water Supply Reduction Implementation Plans for Full-Price and Special Agricultural Water Rate (SAWR) Customers:
Full-Price Water Supply Reduction and SAWR Water Supply Reduction Implementation Plans will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no official action required
7. Update on the Water Supply Conditions:
An update on the water supply conditions will be provided.
8. Review of Water Demand Offset Concept:
The District’s Water Demand Offset concept will be reviewed and discussed.
9. Performance Standards Measurement Results for July 1, 2007 Through December 31, 2008:
The results of the Performance Standards Measurements for July 1, 2007 through December 31, 2008 will be presented.
10. Resolution Authorizing Investment in San Diego County Treasurer’s Pooled Money Fund:
Authorization to participate in the County of San Diego’s pooled money fund will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-07
11. Authorization to Participate in the California Federal Surplus Personal Property Program:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2009-06 authorizing the District’s participation in the California Federal Surplus Personal Property Program will be considered.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-06
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
12. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
13. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(c), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated
Number of potential cases: 4
14. Meeting shall be adjourned to Monday, February 23, 2009, at 2:00 p.m.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.