VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
April 6, 2009
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held March 16, 2009
2. Approval of Purchase Order No. 17725 to Terex Utilities for the purchase of a bucket truck
3. Approval of Purchase Order No. 17703 to EPOCH for SCADA equipment
4. Audit demands
5. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statement for the period ended February 28, 2009
6. Quarterly report of expense reimbursements per Government Code §53065.5
7. Hearing to Consider Billing Protest by Customer;
A hearing to consider the protest of The Timothy Circle’s water bill for the period January 15 to February 17, 2009, will be conducted.
a. Report by Director of Finance
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
8. Concept Approval of the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility Expansion Project:
Concept approval of the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility’s expansion project and approval of a budget amendment will be considered.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2009-17
9. Water Supply Status Update and Review of Mandatory Reduction Implementation Program:
An update on the water supply status for 2009 will be provided and the District’s supply reduction implementation program will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
10. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of March 26th will be provided.
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
11. Board of Directors’ Per Diem, Consideration of Modification:
Board direction regarding noticing a public hearing to modify the Board of Directors’ per diem will be requested.
12. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(b)&(c), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated
Number of potential cases: 4
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.