VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
September 2, 2008
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held August 4, 2008
2. Audit demands
3. Treasurer’s Report for the period ended June 30, 2008
4. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
5. Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of A Water Supply Shortage Response Program:
A public hearing will be conducted to receive input on the proposed Water Supply Shortage Response Program. Following input and consideration by the Board, adoption of said Program and incorporation in the District’s Administrative Code will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2008-08
6. Resolution Appointing District Proxy Holder for the San Diego County Water Authority Board of Directors:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2008-33 will be requested to designate the representative of the Yuima M.W.D. as the District’s proxy to vote in the absence of the District’s representative to the San Diego County Water Authority.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-33
7. Resolution Making Findings for Energy Services Contracting, Approving an Exemption With CEQA, Filing Notice of Exemption and Approving the Project:
Pursuant to entering into a Power Purchase Agreement with Solar Electric Solutions, the adoption of Resolution No. 2008-34 will be requested to make certain findings per CEQA, approve the Notice of Exemption and approve the project.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-34
8. Approval of Purchase Order No. 17503 for the Purchase of a Solar Powered Reservoir Aeration System:
Approval of Purchase Order No. 17503 in the amount of $54,365 to SolarBee for the purchase of a solar powered reservoir aeration system as approved in the budget will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Operations
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Purchase Order No. 17503
9. Approval of Purchase Order No. 17505 to Purchase Diesel Particulate Filters:
The approval of Purchase Order No. 17505 for the purchase of diesel particulate filters to retrofit six diesel service trucks will be requested and an update on the incentive program offered by the San Diego Air Pollution Control District will be provided.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Purchase Order No. 17505
10. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of August 28th will be provided.
d. Information item only, no action required
11. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
12. A closed session will be held pursuant to:
54956.8 – Real Property Transaction, Conference with
Negotiator to discuss lease of District lands for installation of solar
Property: 29300 Valley Center Road
Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager and Sophie Akins,
Negotiating Party: Solar Electric Solutions
Under Negotiation: Terms of Lease
• Government Code §54956.9(b), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated
Number of potential cases: 2
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.