VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
September 15, 2008
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held September 2, 2008
2. Audit demands
3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended July 31, 2008
4. Report of professional and consulting agreements and contracts for Fiscal Year 2007-08
5. Presentation on the Water Supply Conditions:
A representative from the San Diego County Water Authority will give a presentation on the State’s and the region’s water supply conditions.
a. Report by General Manager/SDCWA Representative
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no action required
6. Status Report on the Lake Turner Photo-Voltaic Solar Power Project:
A status report on the photo-voltaic solar power project at Lake Turner will be provided.
a. Report by District Engineer
7. Board Consideration of the Termination of Water Service – Pacific Paradise Nursery:
Termination of Pacific Paradise Nursery’s water service for non-compliance with the Interim Water Agricultural Program’s Supply Reduction Program will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
8. Consideration of the Requests for Annexation from Pardee Homes and Pappas Investments:
The requests received from Pardee Homes and Pappas Investments to initiate annexation proceedings into the District will be considered.
9. Mail-Ballot Election for LAFCO Independent Special Districts Election for Regular Special District Member and Special Districts Advisory Committee Members:
Board direction regarding casting the District’s vote for Regular Special District Member on LAFCO and eight Special Districts Advisory Committee Members will be requested.
10. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
11. A closed session will be held pursuant to:
54956.8 – Real Property Transaction, Conference with
Negotiator to discuss lease of District lands for installation of solar
Property: 29300 Valley Center Road
Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager and Sophie Akins,
Negotiating Party: Solar Electric Solutions
Under Negotiation: Terms of Lease
12. Resolution Making Findings for Energy Services Contracting, Approving an Exemption Under CEQA, Filing Notice of Exemption and Approving the Project:
Pursuant to entering into a Power Purchase Agreement with Solar Electric Solutions, the adoption of Resolution No. 2008-34 will be requested to make certain findings per CEQA, approve the Notice of Exemption and approve the project.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-34
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.