VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
October 6, 2008
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held September 15, 2008
2. Audit demands and wire disbursements for the period July 1 through September 30, 2008
3. Quarterly report of expense reimbursements per Government Code §53065.5
4. Resolution Approving Amendments to the Water Purchase Agreement with Poseidon Resources and an Update on the Desalination Project:
Resolution No. 2008-35 to approve the first amendments to the Water Purchase Agreement with Poseidon Resources will be presented for adoption and an update on the Carlsbad Desalination Project will be given.
a. Presentation by Poseidon Resources
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-35
5. Pardee Homes Presentation on the Meadowood Development:
Pardee Homes will provide a presentation on the proposed Meadowood Development.
a. Presentation by Pardee Homes
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
6. Resolution Authorizing Change Order No. 5 of the Phase 1 and 2 SCADA System Construction Project Contract with Rock Electric, Inc.:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2008-36 approving change order No. 5 to the contract with Rock Electric, Inc. for construction of the SCADA Phase 1 and 2 improvements will be considered.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-36
7. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of September 25th will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
8. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
• Government Code §54956.9(b), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated
Number of potential cases: 1
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.