VALLEY CENTER WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
November 3, 2008
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held October 20, 2008
2. Audit demands
3. Presentation by Jeff Kightlinger, General Manager of Metropolitian Water District:
Mr. Kightlinger will make an informational presentation on regional water supply issues.
a. Introduction by General Manager
b. Presentation by Jeff Kightlinger
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no action required.
4. Presentation by Robert Porr, Vice President of Fieldman, Rolapp & Associates:
Mr. Porr will make an informational presentation on the current municipal credit market and its implications for the District.
a. Introduction by Director of Finance
b. Presentation by Robert Porr
5. Implementation Methodology for Mandatory Water Use Reductions in 2009:
Approval of the implementation methodology for 2009 Mandatory Water Use Reductions will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments or questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny the recommended implementation methodology for Mandatory Water Use Reductions in 2009.
6. Ordinance Amending Administrative Code Sections 160.3(b), 160.3(c) and 160.25 to Pass Through Wholesale Water Rate Increases:
Approval of Ordinance No. 2008-09 amending Administrative Code Sections to pass through wholesale water rate increases will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2008-09
7. Request for Rejection of Bids for the Fuel Tank Removal and Replacement Project:
Approval to reject all bids received for the Fuel Tank Removal and Replacement project will be requested.
a: Report by Director of Operations/Facilities
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny the rejection of bids
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
8. Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
9. A closed session will be held pursuant to:
· Government Code §54956.9(b) – Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 1
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.