VALLEY CENTER WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
November 17, 2008
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held November 3, 2008
2. Audit demands
3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended September 30, 2008
4. Report on the assessed values for the District’s service area for Fiscal Year 2008-09 compared to Fiscal Year 2007-08
5. Annual report of properties approved for deferral of water availability charges per Administrative Code Section 165.2(f)
6. Public Hearing to Consider Amending the Interim Agricultural Water Program Supply Reduction Implementation Plan:
A public hearing will be held to consider amending the IAWP Supply Reduction Implementation Plan to incorporate the increases in Metropolitan Water District’s penalty fee for usage over a monthly allocation, effective January 1, 2009, and a pass-through of future increases.
a. Open public hearing. Report by Director of Finance
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2008-10
7. Status Report on the South Village Wastewater Project:
A report on the South Village wastewater project will be provided.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. Information item only, no official action required
8. Resolution Adopting a Defined Contribution Plan to Fund Medical Insurance at Retirement:
Board approval of a defined contribution plan to fund medical insurance at retirement for employees hired after July 1, 2008, will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-38
9. Resolution Approving Third Agreement with the San Pasqual Band of Indians for Water Supply:
Approval of the Third Agreement with San Pasqual Band of Indians for water supply will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager/General Counsel
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-39
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
10. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
11. A closed session will be held pursuant to:
· Government Code §54956.9(b) – Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 1
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.