VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
March 17, 2008
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held February 19, 2008
2. Resolution No. 2008-11 adjusting the District’s authorized debt limits per Ordinance No. 171, effective January 1, 2008
3. Approval of purchase order for improvements to the Lilac Pump Station
4. Audit demands
5. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended January 31, 2008
6. Request for Approval of Budget Adjustment for the Cole Grade Road Waterline Replacement Project:
A budget adjustment request for the proposed Cole Grade Road waterline replacement project will be considered.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-12
7. Resolution to Establish Date and Time to Conduct Public Hearing to Consider Levy of a District-wide Water Availability Charge:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2008-10 will be requested to set June 2, 2008, at 2:00 p.m. as the date and time of the public hearing to consider assessing a District-wide water availability charge proposed to be $10.00 per acre.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-10
8. Participation in Incentive Grant Programs from the Air Resources Control Board and San Diego Air Pollution Control District:
District participation in the Air Resources Control Board and the Air Pollution Control District’s Incentive Grant Programs will be considered.
a. Report by Director of Operations
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
9. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Informational item only, no action required
10. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of February 28th will be provided.
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
11. Board of Directors’ Per Diem, Consideration of Modification:
Board direction regarding noticing a public hearing to modify the Board of Directors’ per diem will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager.
12. A closed Session will be held pursuant to:
54957.5(a), Conference with Labor Negotiators
Agency Representative: Gary Arant, General Manager
Employee Organization: Valley Center M.W.D. Employees’ Association
54956.8 – Real Property Transaction, Conference
Property: 11580 Betsworth Road, Valley Center
Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager
Negotiating Party: WorldWater & Solar Technologies
Under Negotiation: Terms of Lease
54956.9(c), Conference with Legal Counsel,
Number of potential cases: 1
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.