VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Valley Center , Calif. 92082
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
June 2, 2008
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held May 12, 2008
2. Audit demands
3. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
4. Fourth Grade Water Awareness Poster Contest – Presentation of Awards:
Top winners in the District’s Fourth Grade Water Awareness Poster Contest will be recognized and presented with awards.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no action required
5. Public Hearing on the Proposed Water Availability Charge for Fiscal Year 2008-09:
A public hearing on the District’s proposed water availability charge for Fiscal Year 2008-09 will be conducted. Upon conclusion of the public comments and discussion, adoption of said charge will be considered.
a. Open Public Hearing, Report by Director of Finance
c. Audience comments or questions
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2008-03
6. Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of the Woods Valley Annual Sewer Service Charge:
A public hearing will be conducted to receive input and consider adoption of the Woods Valley Sewer Service Charge for 2008-09 for financing the operation, maintenance and replacement of the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility.
d. Close public hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-20
7. Resolution Setting the Woods Valley Annual Sewer Standby Fee for 2008-09:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2008-21 will be considered to set the Woods Valley annual Sewer Standby Fee for FY 2008-09.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-21
8. Resolution Setting 2008-09 Fixed Charge Special Assessments for Assessment District No. 96-01 and Unpaid Charges for Water and Other Services:
Board adoption of Resolution No. 2008-22 will be requested to authorize the 2008-09 fixed charge special assessments for Assessment District No. 96-1 and unpaid charges for water and other services.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-22
9. Resolution Amending the Previously Approved Change Order No. 6 Pursuant to the Valley Center Road Pipeline Replacement Project:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2008-26 to approve an amendment to Change Order No. 6 for the Valley Center Road Pipeline Replacement Project will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-26
10. Resolution to Clarify Budgetary Controls for Changes in Appropriations to the Budget:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2008-25 to clarify budgetary controls for changes in appropriations in the District’s Operating and Capital Budget will be considered.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-25
11. Adoption of Administrative Code Changes to Incorporate Revisions Per the Adopted 2008-09 Budget:
Revisions to the Administrative Code to reflect the changes in staffing levels as adopted in the Fiscal Year 2008-09 Budget will be presented for adoption.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2008-04
12. Adoption of Memorandum of Understanding Between the District and the Employees Association for Fiscal Years 2008-09 Through 2012-2013:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2008-24 approving the Memorandum of Understanding with the valley Center Employees Association for FY 2008-09 through 2012-2013 will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-24
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
13. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of May 22nd will be provided.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
14. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
● Government Code §54956.8 – Real Property Transaction, Conference
Property: 11580 Betsworth Road, Valley Center
Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager
Negotiating Party: Solar Power Partners
Under Negotiation: Terms of Lease
● Government Code §54957(b)(1) – Public Employee Performance Evaluation: General Manager, and
Government Code §54957.6 – Conference with Labor Negotiator,
Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.