VALLEY CENTER WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
December 15, 2008
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held November 17, 2008
2. Audit demands
3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended October 31, 2008
4. Approval of Purchase Order No. 17599 to Barrett Engineered Pump for portable water pump
5. Report on antenna site license agreements
6. Presentation from the Valley Center Trails Committee Representative:
A presentation will be given by a representative of the Valley Center Trails Committee on the proposed trail system.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no official action required
7. Review of the District’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for 2007-08 and Appropriations Limit Worksheet:
The District’s CAFR for Fiscal Year 2007-08 and Appropriations Limit worksheet will be reviewed.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. Information item only, no action required
8. Valley Center Road Pipeline Replacement Project – Status Report and Request for Budget Adjustment:
An update on the Valley Center Road Pipeline Replacement Project will be provided and adoption of Resolution No. 2008-41 to amend the budget to provide additional funding will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-41
9. South Village Wastewater Expansion Project – Status Report:
A status report on the proposed South Village Wastewater Expansion project will be provided.
10. Award of Contract for the Paradise No. 2 Reservoir Roof Replacement and Repainting Project:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2008-40 awarding the contract for the Paradise No. 2 Reservoir roof replacement and repainting of the interior and exterior will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Operations
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2008-40
11. Administrative Code Amendment to Adjust the Salary Range of the Consumer Services Supervisor Position:
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2008-11 to amend the Administrative Code to adjust the Consumer Services Supervisor’s salary classification from a Range 23 to Range 25 will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2008-11
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
12. Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
13. A closed session will be held pursuant to:
· Government Code §54956.9(b) – Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 1
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the members of the Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours in the office of the Board Secretary located at 29300 Valley Center Road.