VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
October 15, 2007
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held September 17, 2007
2. Concept approval of the Meadows 35 water and wastewater project
3. Audit demands and wire disbursements for the period July 1, 2007 through September 30, 2007
4. Treasurer’s Reports and Financial Statements for the period ended August 31, 2007
5. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
6. Quarterly report of expense reimbursements per Government Code §53065.5
7. Report on the assessed values for the District’s service area for Fiscal Year 2007-08 compared to Fiscal Year 2006-07
8. Annual report of properties approved for deferral of water availability charges per Administrative Code Section 165.2(f)
9. Status Report on the IAWP Supply Reduction Implementation Program and Discussion of the Domestic/Institutional Conservation Program;
A status report on the IAWP supply reduction implementation program will be given and preliminary concepts for the domestic, commercial and institutional conservation programs will be discussed.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no action required
10. Resolution Authorizing Execution of the Joint Resolution of Partnership in the Carlsbad Desalination Project:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2007-40 authorizing execution of the joint resolution of partnership in the Carlsbad desalination project will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-40
11. Report on the District’s Strategic Plan Performance Measurement Results for Fiscal Year 2006-07:
A report on the Strategic Plan Performance Measurement results for FY 2006-07 will be reviewed.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
12. Use of Pumping Rate Stabilization Reserve Funds for the Couser Pump Station Replacement Project:
Authorization to use funds in the Pumping Rate Stabilization Reserve for the Couser Pump Station replacement project will be considered.
a. Report by Director of Finance
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
13. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of September 27th will be provided.
14. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.