VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
Monday, March 5, 2007
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held February 5, 2007
2. Resolution No. 2007-07 adjusting the District’s authorized debt limits per Ordinance No. 171, effective January 1, 2007
3. Resolution No. 2007-09 concurring in the nomination of Melody Henriques-McDonald (San Bernardino Valley Water Conservation District) to the ACWA/JPIA Executive Committee and Resolution No. 2007-10 concurring in the nomination of Joan Finnegan (Municipal Water District of Orange County) to the Office of Vice President of ACWA/JPIA
4. Audit demands
5. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statement for the period ending January 31, 2007
6. Revisions to Article 172 of the District’s Administrative Code Currently Titled Pressure Sewer Collection Systems Will be Considered to Update its Terminology and Incorporate Changes to Comply with Current Practices:
Revisions to Article 172 of the Administrative Code to replace “sewer” with “wastewater”, change the title to Low Pressure Wastewater Collection Systems, and other minor changes to comply with current practices will be presented for adoption.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2007-05
7. Amendment to Engineering Consulting Services Contract:
An amendment to the consulting services contract with Marc Benner will be considered.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-11
8. Resolution to Establish Date and Time to Conduct Public Hearing to Consider Levy of a District-wide Water Availability Charge:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2007-06 will be requested to set June 4, 2007, at 2:00 p.m. as the date and time of the public hearing to consider assessing a 2007-08 District-wide water availability charge proposed to be $10.00 per acre.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-06
9. Review of Staff’s Proposed Response to the Potential Financial Impact of the January 2007 Freeze:
Staff’s proposed response to the potential impacts of the freeze will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
10. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of February 22nd will be provided.
d. Information item only, no action required
11. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
12. Board of Directors’ Per Diem, Consideration of Modification:
Board direction regarding noticing a public hearing to modify the Board of Directors’ per diem will be requested.
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.