VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
Monday, July 2, 2007
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held June 18, 2007
2. Audit demands
3. Notice of Completion filed for the Recoating Project (Interior and Exterior) of the Mizpah Reservoir
4. Request for Approval of Contract Amendment for SCADA Project, Phases 1 and 2, and Approval to Purchase Additional Radio Network Equipment:
Board authorization to execute contract amendment No. 4 with DLT&V for additional work on the SCADA Project and to purchase additional radio network equipment will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-32
5. Approval of Engineering Consulting Agreement for Design of Digester Improvements at the Lower Moosa Canyon Water Reclamation Facility:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2007-35 will be requested to authorize execution of engineering consulting services for the design of the proposed digester improvements at the Lower Moosa Canyon Water Reclamation Facility.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-35
6. Request for Authorization to Enter Into a Consulting Agreement with Marc Benner for Fiscal Year 2007-08:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2007-34 authorizing a consulting services agreement with Marc Benner for Fiscal Year 2007-08 will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-34
7. Water Conservation Message – Save 20 Gallons a Day or More:
The region-wide water conservation message for residential and commercial customers to “Save 20 Gallons a Day or More” will be promoted in a publication to customers in the July water bills.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no official action required
8. Adoption of Position of “Oppose” Regarding SB 964 (Romero):
The Board’s adoption of a position of oppose concerning SB 964, amendments to the Brown Act, will be considered.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
9. San Diego County Water Authority Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of June 28th will be provided.
d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
10. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
● Government Code §54956.9(b) – Conference with Legal Counsel - Anticipated Litigation, Consideration of Claim against District
Claimant’s name: Santamaria Altagracia
● Government Code §54956.8 - Real Property Transaction, Conference
Property: 11580 Betsworth Road, Valley Center
Agency Negotiator: Gary T. Arant, General Manager
Negotiating Party: WorldWater & Solar Technologies
Under Negotiation: Terms of Lease
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
11. Meeting will be adjourned to Monday, July 9, 2007, at 8:00 a.m.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.