VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
July 16, 2007
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meetings held July 2 and 9, 2007
2. Audit demands and wire disbursements
3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended May 31, 2007
4. Quarterly report of expense reimbursements per Government Code §53065.5
5. Public Hearing to Consider Increases in the District’s Meter Capacity Charges:
A public hearing will be held to consider proposed increases in the District’s Meter Capacity Charges. Upon conclusion of the public hearing, adoption of said charges will be considered.
a. Open Public Hearing, Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments or questions
d. Close Public Hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2007-11
6. Public Hearing to Consider an Increase in the Lower Moosa Canyon Water Reclamation Wastewater Capacity Charge:
A public hearing will be held to consider increasing the Lower Moosa Canyon Water Reclamation Wastewater Capacity Charge. Upon conclusion of the hearing, adoption of said charge will be considered.
d. Close Public Hearing. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2007-12
7. Approval of Special Service Connection Charge for the Designated Service Area of the Welcome View Wastewater Line Extension Project:
Board approval of the Welcome View Wastewater Line Extension project’s special service connection charge will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
8. Revisions to the Administrative Code to Incorporate Updates to Policies and Procedures:
Proposed revisions to the Administrative Code will be presented for adoption to incorporate miscellaneous updates to District policies and procedures.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2007-10
9. Review of Proposed Commercial Wastewater Discharge Program:
A proposed commercial wastewater discharge program will be presented.
d. Information item only, no official action required
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
10. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of June 28, 2007, will be provided.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no action required
11. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.