VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Regular Board of Directors’ Meeting
December 17, 2007
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meetings held November 19 and December 3, 2007
2. Approval of Purchase Order No. 17191 in the amount of $111,544.91 to Rancho Ford for the purchase of four trucks as approved in the 2006-2008 budget
3. Approval of Purchase Order No. 17193 in the amount of $61,258.53 to Hidden Valley Pump for the purchase of three replacement pumps for Old Country Club as approved in the 2006-2008 budget
4. Audit demands
5. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended October 31, 2007
6. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
7. Special Service Connection Charge Pursuant to the Saiki Water Line Extension Project for Approval:
Approval of the Special Service Connection Charge for the Saiki Water Line Extension Project will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
8. Review of the District’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for 2006-07 and Appropriations Limit Worksheet:
The District’s CAFR for Fiscal Year 2006-07 and Appropriations Limit worksheet will be reviewed.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. Information item only, no action required
9. Proposed Guidelines and Regulations Governing IAWP Meter Account Groups for Leasehold Properties and Properties Under the Same Ownership:
Board approval of the regulations pertaining to IAWP Meter Account Groups for lease properties and properties under the same ownership will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager
10. Resolution Appointing the District’s Representative to the Board of Directors of the San Diego County Water Authority:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2007-46 re-appointing Gary Arant as the District’s representative on the San Diego County Water Authority Board of Directors for a term expiring January 13, 2014, will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No 2007-46
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
11. Review of Policy Issues and Options Pursuant to Development Policies During a Water Short Period:
Policy issues and options pertaining to development policies during a water-short period will be discussed.
12. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of December 6th will be provided.
13. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
14. A closed Session will be held pursuant to:
54957.5(a), Conference with Labor Negotiators
Agency Representative: Gary Arant, General Manager
Employee Organization: Valley Center M.W.D. Employees’ Association
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.