VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
Monday, April 16, 2007
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held March 19, 2007
2. Quitclaim of Easement to Kensal
3. Audit demands
4. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statement for the period ended February 28, 2007
5. Board of Director’s Request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
6. Quarterly report of expense reimbursements per Government Code §53065.5
7. Presentation on Integrated Resource Water Management Planning:
A representative from the San Diego County Water Authority will give a presentation on the ongoing Integrated Resource Water Management Planning activities in the San Diego region.
a. Report by General Manager/San Diego County Water Authority Representative
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no official action required
8. Proposed Revisions to Administrative Code Article 190, Developer Project Requirements:
Revisions to the Administrative Code to update the policies and procedures pertaining to developer project requirements will be presented for the Board’s consideration.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2007-06
9. Approval to Establish a Special Service Connection Charge for the Lackritz Wastewater Line Extension:
Board approval to establish a Special Service Connection Charge for the Lackritz Wastewater Line Extension Reimbursement Agreement will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
10. Resolution Amending Contract with Dudek and Associates, Inc. for Construction Inspection Services at Couser Pump Station and the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility
Adoption of Resolution No. 2007-20 will be requested to amend the contract with Dudek & Associates for construction inspection services at Couser Pump Station and the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-20
11. Fund Transfer Request for Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility Operating Costs
Adoption of Resolution No. 2007-21 will be requested for approval to transfer funds from the Woods Valley Operating Reserve Account to the Woods Valley Ranch Water Reclamation Facility project account to reimburse Newland Communities, Inc. for previously paid operating costs.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-21
12. Consideration of Accelerating the Automated Meter Reading (AMR) Project and Augmentation of the 2007-08 Budget:
An acceleration of the AMR project for its completion by FY 2009-10 and augmentation of the budget will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager.
13. Funding Requests from the Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) for Phase II of the California’s Water Series and the Water Law and Policy Scholarship:
Approval of contributions to fund ACWA’s California’s Water Series, Phase II, and ACWA’s Water Law and Policy Scholarship will be requested.
a. Report by General Manager
14. Annual Review of the District’s Investment Policy:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2007-19 approving the District’s Statement of Investment Policy and renewing the authority delegated to the Treasurer to invest and reinvest District funds will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-19
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
15. San Diego County Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report:
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of March 22nd will be provided.
d. Information item only, no action required
16. AB 1260 (Caballero), Proposition 218 Noticing Requirements:
Approval to support AB 1260 (Caballero), Proposition 218 Noticing Requirements will be requested.
17. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Informational item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
18. Final Report on the Wholesale Electricity Litigation:
General Counsel will provide a report on the closure of the Wholesale Electricity Antitrust Cases.
a. Report by General Counsel
19. Consideration of Increase in Legal Fees;
An increase in legal services fees from Best, Best & Krieger per the CPI increase for he San Diego area will be considered.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2007-08
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
Information item only, no action required
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.