VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
November 6, 2006
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meetings held October 2 and October 11, 2006
2. Quitclaim of Easement to Bettis, that portion of the District’s easement document recorded March 12, 1979 (No. 79-103290)
3. Quitclaim of Easement – Sherwood Ridge Subdivision where District facilities have been abandoned and relocated
4. Audit demands and wire disbursements for the period July 1, 2006 through September 30, 2006
5. Treasurer’s Reports and Financial Statements for the periods ended August 31 and September 30, 2006
6. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
7. Quarterly report of expense reimbursements per Government Code §53065.5
8. Report on the assessed values for the District’s service area for Fiscal Year 2006-07 compared to Fiscal Year 2005-06
9. Annual report of properties approved for deferral of water availability charges per Administrative Code Section 165.2(d)(3)
10. Report on the filing of the Notice of Completion for the Paradise Mountain No. 1 Reservoir exterior and interior repainting project
11. Review of the Draft “Policy Perspectives on the Potential Consolidation of Lands Currently in and Adjacent to the San Luis Rey Municipal Water District”:
The proposed policy perspectives addressing core issues pertaining to the potential consolidation of the San Luis Rey M.W.D. and other adjacent properties with the District will be presented for discussion and Board adoption.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
12. Report on the Reduced Water Supply and Use Restrictions During the Aqueduct Shutdown of November 26th Through December 7th:
A report on the reduced water supply and water use restrictions to be implemented during the aqueduct shutdown from November 26th through December 7th will be reviewed.
a. Report by Director of Operations
d. Information item only, no action required
13. Review of Pending Reimbursement Agreements:
Reimbursement Agreements in process will be reviewed.
a. Report by District Engineer
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of October 26th will be provided.
15. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
16. Review of Opinion on Doctrine of Incompatible Offices Pertaining to San Diego County Water Authority’s Member Agencies Appointed Representative:
General Counsel Cowett’s memorandum on the issue of incompatibility of office of Water Authority Board Member and member agency’s General Manager will be discussed.
a. Report by General Counsel
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
Information item only, no action required
17. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
● Government Code §54956.8, Conference with Real Property Negotiator
Agency: Gary T. Arant, Valley Center M.W.D.
C. Michael Cowett, District General Counsel
Property Owner: Stephen and Sandra Tueting
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.