VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
November 20, 2006
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held November 6, 2006
2. Audit demands
3. Approval of Purchase Order No. 16703 in the amount of $79,417.15 for pump motor starter replacements (Oat Hill and Betsworth Pump Stations)
4. Approval of Engineering Contract Amendments with TMV Systems for the SCADA Project:
Board approval of contract amendments with TMV Systems for the SCADA Project will be presented for consideration.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-48
5. Approval of the Award of Contract and Amendment of the Budget for the Couser Way Pipeline Relocation Project and a Declaration of Official Intent to Reimburse Expenditures from Proceeds of Indebtedness for this Project will be Requested:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-45 to award the contract and amend the budget for the Couser Way Pipeline Relocation Project and Resolution No. 2006-46 making a declaration of official intent to reimburse expenditures from proceeds of indebtedness for this project will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution Nos. 2006-45 and 2006-46
6. Resolution to Approve Purchase Order for the Via Cantamar Pump Station Booster Pumps:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-47 to approve the purchase order for the Via Cantamar Pump Station booster pumps will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-47
7. Review of Proposed Rate Increases for 2007:
A report on the proposed water and wastewater rate increases for 2007 will be given and Board direction requested.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
8. Ordinance Establishing Voting Procedures for Actions of the Board of Directors:
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2006-12 amending Section 30.11 of the District’s Administrative Code to set forth voting procedures for actions of the Board of Directors will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2006-12
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
9. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.