VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
May 15, 2006
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held May 1, 2006
2. Quitclaim of Easements – Completion of the Islands Subdivision and abandonment of District facilities
3. Quitclaim of easement to Mr. Peterson that portion of the District’s easement document recorded February 25, 1958
4. Audit demands
5. Fourth Grade Water Awareness Poster Contest – Presentation of Awards:
Top winners in the District’s Fourth Grade Water Awareness Poster Contest will be recognized and presented with awards.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no action required
6. Request for Award of Contract for Repainting the Exterior and Interior of
Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-23 awarding the contract for the repainting of the exterior and interior of Paradise Mountain #1 Reservoir will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Operations
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-23
7. Request for Award of Contract for Repainting the Exterior and Interior of the Mountain Meadows #1 Reservoir:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-24 awarding the contract for the repainting of the exterior and interior of Mountain Meadows #1 Reservoir will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-24
8. Request for Award of Contract for the Valley Center Road/Lake Wohlford Road Facility Relocation Project and the North Lake Wohlford Road/Kumeyaay Way Pipeline Relocation Project:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-22 approving the award of contract for the Valley Center Road/Lake Wohlford Road Facility Relocation Project and the North Lake Wohlford Road/Kumeyaay Way Pipeline Relocation Project will be considered.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-22
9. Adoption of Resolution Supporting Permanent Constitutional Protections for Local Property Taxes and Reserves Dedicated for Water, Wastewater and Wastewater Reclamation Infrastructure:
Resolution No. 2006-25 supporting an amendment to the State Constitution to permanently protect local property taxes and reserves dedicated to water, wastewater and wastewater reclamation services will be presented for consideration.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-25
10. Overview of the Proposed 2006-08 Two-Year Budget:
An overview of the proposed Fiscal Years 2006-07 and 2007-08 budget will be provided.
a. Report by Director of Finance
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
11. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
12 . A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation.
Name of Case: Sweetwater Authority, et al. v. Dynegy, Inc., et al.
San Diego Superior Court Case GIC 760743
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
13. Meeting will be adjourned to Tuesday, May 16th at 85 a.m.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.