VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
March 20, 2006
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held February 21, 2006
2. Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-07 setting June 5, 2006, as the hearing date to consider assessing a District-wide water availability charge for Fiscal Year 2006-07
3. Resolution No. 2006-08 adjusting the District’s authorized debt limits per Ordinance No. 171, effective January 1, 2006
4. Resolution Nos. 2006-09, 2006-10, 2006-11 and 2006-12 concurring in the nominations of Lou Reinkens (Tahoe City Public Utility District), Max A. Richman (Rio Alto Water District), Charles Muse (Helix Water District), and Melody A. Henriques (San Bernardino Valley Water Conservation District) to the Executive Committee of the ACWA/JPIA
5. Audit demands
6. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statement for the period ending January 31, 2006
7. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
8. Concept approval of the Miller line extension project (PM 13325)
9. Status Report on the Woods Valley Ranch Wastewater Treatment Expansion and Request for Adoption of Mitigated Negative Declaration:
An update on the Woods Valley Ranch Wastewater Treatment Expansion project will be provided and adoption of a mitigated negative declaration for said project will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-13
10. Approval to Participate in a Grant Application (Proposition 50) for the
Seawater Desalination Project
Approval to participate as a joint applicant for Proposition 50 funding for the Carlsbad Seawater Desalination Project will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
11. Request for Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the Design Contract for the
Pipeline Replacement Project
Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the design contract for the Rodriguez Road pipeline replacement project will be requested.
12. Status Report on the Proposed Solar Power Project at the District’s Betsworth Pumping Station:
A status report on the proposed solar power project will be presented and Board direction on how to proceed with the project will be requested.
13. Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting:
The Board will be informed that the District has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for Fiscal Year 2004-05.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. Information item only, no official action required
14. Approval of a License Agreement with New Cingular Wireless for Use of a Portion of the
Reservoir and the First Amendment to the License Agreement with Pacific
Board approval of the proposed communications site license agreement with New Cingular Wireless to use a portion of the Paradise Mountain Reservoir site and the first amendment to the Site License Agreement with TMO CA/NV, formerly Pacific Bell Wireless, at Paradise Mountain Reservoir will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution Nos. 2006-15 and 2006-16
15. Survey of General Counsel and Auditing Services Costs:
A survey of comparable agencies’ general counsel and auditing services fees will be presented for review.
d. Information item only, no action required
16. Administrative Code Revision to Add Provisions for Ethics Training:
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2006-01 will be requested to revise Article 30 of the Administrative Code to add provisions for ethics training in compliance with Assembly Bill 1234.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2006-01
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
17. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
18. Board of Directors’ Per Diem, Consideration of Modification:
Board direction regarding noticing a public hearing to modify the Board of Directors’ per diem will be requested.
Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of February 23, 2006, will be provided.
a. Report by President Broomell
20. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation.
Name of Case: Sweetwater Authority, et al. v. Dynegy, Inc., et al.
San Diego Superior Court Case GIC 760743
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation
Name of Case: Claim by Ehsan Afaghi
$ Government Code '54956.9(b)(1), Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation
Number of Potential Cases: 1
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.