VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
June 19, 2006
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held June 5, 2006
2. Audit demands
3. Board of Director’s request for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
4. Welk Garden Villas Water and Sewer Line Extension Project for concept approval
5. Resolution No. 2006-30 setting the District’s 2006-07 appropriation limit for proceeds from taxes per Article XIIIB of the State Constitution
6. Quitclaim of Easement – Cougar Pass, Nguyen
7. Update on the South Node Wastewater Master Plan and Proposal to Proceed with Commitment Letters:
An update on the South Node Wastewater Master Plan will be provided and a proposal to proceed with commitment letters will be considered.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
8. Resolution Reaffirming the Position of “Oppose” on The Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006:
Board adoption of Resolution No. 2006-32 reaffirming the “oppose” position on the above referenced bond initiative, which has qualified for the November 2006 ballot as Proposition 84, will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-32
9. Resolution Setting 2006-07 Fixed Charge Special Assessments for A.D. No. 96-1 and Unpaid Charges for Water and Other Services:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-31 will be requested to authorize the 2006-07 fixed charge special assessments for Assessment District 96-1 and unpaid charges for water and other services.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-31
10. Adoption of Proposed Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2006-07 and 2007-08 and Administrative Code Changes to Incorporate Changes per the Approved Budget and the MOU with Employees:
Adoption of the District’s proposed two-year budget for Fiscal Years 2006-07 and 2007-08 will be considered and ordinances to revise the Administrative Code per the approved changes in the budget (staffing levels) and to incorporate changes per the Memorandum of Understanding with employees will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager/Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny:
• Resolution No. 2006-29 adopting the FY 2006-07 and 2007-08 budget,
• Ordinance No. 2006-09 approving changes to the staffing levels per the adopted budget, and
• Ordinance No. 2006-10 to incorporate changes per the MOU with employees.
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
11. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
12. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation.
Name of Case: Sweetwater Authority, et al. v. Dynegy, Inc., et al.
San Diego Superior Court Case GIC 760743
$ Government Code '54957, Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release
$ Government Code '54957(b)(1) – Public Employee Performance Evaluation: General Manager, and
Government Code '54957.6 – Conference with Labor Negotiator,
Unrepresented Employee: General Manager
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.