VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
July 17, 2006
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held June 19, 2006
2. Audit demands and wire disbursements for the period April 1, 2006 through June 30, 2006
3. Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for the period ended May 31, 2006
4. Quarterly report of expense reimbursements per Government Code §53065.5
5. Report of developers’ constructed facilities accepted in Fiscal Year 2005-06
6. Resolution No. 2006-33 Adopting the 2006 Local Guidelines for Implementing the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
7. Approval of Audit Contract for Fiscal Year 2005-06:
Approval of the agreement with Leaf & Cole, LLP to audit the financial statements of the District for Fiscal Year 2005-06 will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Finance
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-34
8. Approval of Resolution Amending Agreement with PBS&J for GIS Support Services:
Amendment of the engineering services agreement with PBS&J for additional GIS support services will be considered.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-37
9. Agreement with the Association of California Water Agencies for Prepayment of Dues:
Approval of an agreement with ACWA for the refinancing of prepaid dues until January 1, 2011, will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
10. Resolution Implementing a Water and Wastewater Service Priority for Lower Income Housing Developments in the District’s Service Area Per SB 1087:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-35 to implement a service priority for lower income housing developments within the District’s service area will be considered.
a. Report by General Manager
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-35
11. Resolution Appointing District Proxy Holder for the
Authority Board of Directors
Adoption of Resolution No. 2006-36 will be requested to designate and confirm Keith Lewinger of the Fallbrook Public Utility District as the District’s proxy to vote in the absence of the District’s representative to the San Diego County Water Authority.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2006-36
12. Year-End Status Report on the Strategic Plan Specific Goals and Budget Objectives:
The year-end status report on the Strategic Plan Specific Goals and Budget Objectives for FY 2005-06 will be presented.
d. Information item only, no official action required
13. Report on the Customer Service Satisfaction Comment Card Program for Fiscal Year 2005-06:
A year-end report on the Customer Service Satisfaction Comment Card Program will be reviewed.
14. Report on Strategic Plan Performance Measurement for Water Service Reliability for Fiscal Year 2005-06:
A report on the Water Service Reliability for FY 2005-06 will be reviewed.
15. Approval of Amended Employment Contract with the General Manager:
An amended employment agreement between the District and the General Manager will be presented for Board adoption.
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
16. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Information item only, no action required
Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of June 22, 2006, will be provided.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED
18. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation.
Name of Case: Sweetwater Authority, et al. v. Dynegy, Inc., et al.
San Diego Superior Court Case GIC 760743
$ Government Code '54957, Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release
$ Government Code '54956.9(b), Conference with Legal Counsel, Anticipated Litigation
Number of potential cases: 1
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.