VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
September 19, 2005
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held September 6, 2005
2. Audit demands
3. Annual report of properties approved for deferral of water availability charges per Administrative Code Section 165.2(d)(3)
4. Report of Professional and Consulting Agreements and Contracts – Fiscal Year 2004-05
5. Status Report on Staff’s Participation in the ACWA-JPIA Supervisor Certification Program:
The Board will be provided with a report on the District staff’s participation in the ACWA-JPIA Supervisor Certification Program.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. Information item only, no action required
6. Request for Concept Approval of the Proposed Orchard Run Development’s Water and Sewer Facilities:
Concept approval of the Orchard Run Development’s water distribution, sewer collection, wastewater treatment and reclaimed water facilities will be considered.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
7. Proposals for Analysis of a Solar Electric Project at the Betsworth Pumping Station and Request to Appropriate Additional Funds for Said Project:
Authorization to execute contracts with WorldWater and Power, Inc. and Water and Energy Consulting (Lon House) to complete an evaluation of a Solar Electric Project at the District’s Betsworth Pumping Station and an amendment to the 2005-06 budget will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2005-29
8. Review of Proposed Policy on the Provision of Wastewater Services:
A draft policy regarding the provision of wastewater services will be reviewed.
d. Information item, no action required
9. Approval to Defer Purchase of Diesel Service Truck and Purchase Two Mid-Size Trucks:
Board approval to defer the purchase of the diesel service truck approved in the 2005-06 budget and purchase two mid-size trucks will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Operations
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
10. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA
Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of September 8th will be provided.
a. Report by President Broomell
12. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation.
Name of Case: Sweetwater Authority, et al. v. Dynegy, Inc., et al.
San Diego Superior Court Case GIC 760743
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.