VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
March 7, 2005
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held February 22, 2004
2. Resolution No. 2005-10 adjusting the District’s authorized debt limits per Ordinance No. 171, effective January 1, 2005
3. Audit demands
4. Resolution Nos. 2005-04, 05 and 06 concurring in the nominations of Bill Knutson (Yuima M.W.D.), Mary M. Gibson (Mission Springs W.D.) and Charles Muse (Helix W.D.) to the Executive Committee of the ACWA/JPIA
5. Resolution Approving SCADA System Master Plan, CEQA Documentation and Contract Amendments for the Next Phases of the SCADA Project:
The Board will be requested to approve the SCADA System Master Plan, authorize the CEQA documentation and approve contract amendments with TMV for the next phases of work on the SCADA project.
a. Report by District Engineer
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution Nos. 2005-03 and 2005-11
6. Approval of Resolution to Enter Into an Agreement for Aerial Photo Imagery and Digital Topographic Contours of the District:
Approval of Resolution No. 2005-08 to authorize entering into an agreement with Merrick and Company to provide aerial photographic imagery and digital topographic contours of the District will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2005-08
7. Approval of Amendment to the Design Contract for Couser Pump Station:
An amendment to Task Order No. 7 of the agreement with R.W. Beck for the design and preparation of engineering drawings and specifications for the Couser Canyon Pump Station Reconstruction will be presented for approval.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2005-09
8. Approval of Task No. 1 for the Design of the Gordon Hill Pipeline Replacement:
Board approval of Task No. 1 for the design of the Gordon Hill Pipeline Replacement project will be requested.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
9. Water Loss Report for 2004:
The District’s water loss report for calendar year 2004 will be reviewed.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. Information item only, no action required
10. Resolution to Establish Date and Time to Conduct Public Hearing to Consider Levy of a District-wide Water Availability Charge:
Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-07 will be requested to set June 6, 2005, at 2:00 p.m. as the date and time of the public hearing to consider assessing a 2005-06 District-wide water availability charge. A public hearing to set the Woods Valley Sewer Service Charge will also be held on June 6th.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2005-07
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA
Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of February 24th will be provided.
a. Report by President Broomell
c. Audience comments/question
12. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation.
Name of Case: Sweetwater Authority, et al. v. Dynegy, Inc., et al.
San Diego Superior Court Case GIC 760743
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.