VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
, February 22, 2005
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held January 18, 2005
2. Selection of six engineering firms for As-Needed Engineering Services
3. Monica/Calamia – Wilhite Line Extension project (TM 5272) for concept approval
4. Thrash water main extension project (PM#9258 and #6259) for concept approval
5. Baldwin Line Extension project (PM 17548) for concept approval
6. Marshburn water line extension project (PM 17195) for concept approval
7. Audit demands
8. Treasurer’s Reports and Financial Statements for the periods ended December 31, 2004 and January 31, 2005
9. Board of Director’s requests for per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses
10. Authorization to Apply for Federal and State Disaster Assistance:
Board authorization for staff to apply for disaster assistance to recover costs incurred as a result of the 2005 storms will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Finance
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
11. Agreement for Communications Site Lease Agreement with Pacific
Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-05 will be requested to approve the communications site lease agreement with Pacific Bell for the use of a portion of the McNally Reservoir property.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2005-05
12. Recertification of Participants in the MWD Interim Agricultural Water Program:
The Board will be informed of the process to recertify the District’s participants in Metropolitan’s Interim Agricultural Water Program (IAWP).
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no official action taken
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
13. Review of Miscellaneous Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA
Water Authority’s Board Meeting Report
A report on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Board meeting of January 27th will be provided.
a. Report by President Broomell
c. Audience comments/question
15. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation.
Name of Case: Sweetwater Authority, et al. v. Dynegy, Inc., et al.
San Diego Superior Court Case GIC 760743
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.