VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
Regular Board Meeting
Monday, May 10, 2004
Time: 2:00 P.M.
Place: Board Room
29300 Valley Center Road
Valley Center, CA 92082
The Valley Center Municipal Water District Board of Directors’ meeting was called to order by President Broomell at 2:00 P.M.
Board members present were: Directors Broomell, Polito, Aleshire, Stone and Haskell. Staff members present were: General Manager Arant, General Counsel de Sousa, District Engineer Jewell, Director of Finance Jeffrey, Director of Operations Dacus, IT Specialist Rivard and Board Secretary Stetson. Other staff members present were: Administrative Assistant Olson, Code Enforcement Tech. Gertzen, Water Systems Supervisor Bull, Wastewater Systems Supervisor vonBorstel, Water Facilities Supervisor Stetson, Construction/Maintenance Supervisor Hoyle, and Meter Services Supervisor Jones. Spectator present was Leo Labaj, Telemus Solutions.
1. Upon motion by Stone, seconded by Aleshire and unanimously carried, the following consent calendar items were approved:
• Minutes of the Board meeting held April 26, 2004
• Audit demand check numbers 98738 through 98979
• Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statement for the period ended March 31, 2004
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA
2. JPIA Workers’ Compensation Program:
Director Aleshire announced that District employee Brian Lovelady is a winner of one of the $100 ACWA-JPIA’s workers’ compensation program’s safety awards recognizing his development of a comprehensive safety inspection information sheet that assists those in pursuit of a Class A driver’s license.
3. A Closed Session was called by President Broomell at 2:05 p.m. pursuant to:
• Government Code §54957, Threat to Public Services or Facilities
Consultation with: Paula de Sousa, General Counsel
Chuck C. Dacus, Director of Operations
Leo Labaj, Consultant, Telemus Solutions
4. The regular Board meeting was reconvened at 3:14 p.m. No action was reported.
5. Upon motion by Aleshire, seconded by Stone and unanimously carried, the meeting was adjourned at