VALLEY CENTER MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
29300 Valley Center Road
Board of Directors’ Meeting
June 16, 2003
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
At its option, the Board may approve the agenda, delete an item, reorder items and add an item to the agenda per the provisions of Government Code §54954.2.
Comments and inquires from the audience will be received on any matter not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Board. Comments and inquiries pertaining to an item on the agenda will be received during the deliberation of the agenda item (Government Code §54954.3).
Consent calendar items will be voted on together by a single motion unless separate action is requested by a Board member, staff or member of the audience.
1. Minutes of the Board meeting held June 2, 2003
2. Horwath line extension project – request for concept approval
3. Request for Reduction of the Assessment District 93-1 Pre-Assessment Lien on APN 186-612-33 to the collection study amount of $68.53/EDU
4. Audit demands
5. Treasurer’s Report for the period ended April 30, 2003
6. Review of the Biennial Actuarial Valuation of the District’s Retirees’ Health Plan:
The actuarial valuation of the District’s Retirees’ Health Plan, as of July 1, 2002, will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
c. Audience comments/questions
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny
7. Resolution Establishing Fixed Charge Special Assessments for Fiscal Year 2003-2004:
Approval of the FY 2003-2004 fixed charge special assessments will be considered.
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2003-21
8. LAFCO Independent Special Districts of San Diego County Special Districts Election:
Board direction concerning casting of the District’s ballot for the LAFCO Independent Special Districts 2003 Special Districts election will be requested.
9. Proposed Increases in the Moosa Wastewater Facility Sewer Service Charge and Pressure Sewer Maintenance Fee:
Adoption of Ordinance No. 2003-07 to increase the Moosa Wastewater Facility monthly sewer service charge and the pressure sewer maintenance fee will be considered.
a. Open Public Hearing. Report of Director of Finance
c. Close Public Hearing
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Ordinance No. 2003-07
10. Proposed Fiscal Year 2003-2004 Operating and Capital Budget for Consideration of Adoption:
The District’s proposed Fiscal Year 2003-2004 operating and capital budget will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager/Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2003-19 adopting the FY 2003-04 budget and Ordinance No. 2003-05 approving amendments to the Administrative Code per the adopted budget
11. Award of Contract for the Purchase and Installation of Software for an Electronic Document Management System:
Approval of the award of contract for the purchase and installation of software for an electronic document management system will be requested.
a. Report by Director of Finance
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2003-22
12. Request for Approval of a Contract for the New Modular Building’s Decking, Ramps, Stairways and Fencing:
Approval of a contract for the new modular building’s exterior improvements will be requested.
a. Report by District Engineer
d. If desired, motion to approve or deny Resolution No. 2003-23
GENERAL MANAGER’S AGENDA
13. Review of Informational Items:
Miscellaneous informational items will be reviewed.
a. Report by General Manager
d. Information item only, no action required
DISTRICT GENERAL COUNSEL’S AGENDA
Information item only, no action required
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AGENDA
14. A Closed Session will be held pursuant to:
$ Government Code '54956.9(a), Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation.
Name of Case: Sweetwater Authority, et al. v. Dynegy, Inc., et al.
San Diego Superior Court Case GIC 760743
Name of Case: Rincon del Diablo Municipal Water District, et al. v. San Diego County Water Authority, et al.
San Diego County Superior Court Case No. GIC798230
Name of Case: Cougar Pass Coalition v. John Braman, et al.
San Diego County Superior Court Case No. GIN028464
$ Government Code '54957.6(a), Conference with Labor Negotiators
Agency Representatives: Gary T. Arant, General Manager
William J. Jeffrey, Director of Finance
Employee Organization: Valley Center M.W.D. Employees= Association
$ Government Code '54957.6(a), Employee Performance Evaluation
Title of Position: General Manager
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider litigation, personnel matters, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney-client privilege. Discussion of litigation is within the attorney-client privilege and may be held in closed session. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9.
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (760) 749-1603, Ext. 244 at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.